START DATE: ASAP
JOB TITLE: Infant Development Consultant
TEAM: Early Intervention Team
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Temporary P/T (3 days per week) with benefits after 3 months
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Infant Development Consultant will provide home-based services for infants with, or at risk for developmental delay and will work with their families to optimize their child’s development. The Consultant will work using a family-centered model while promoting inclusion and participation in community-based activities.
- Degree in an area related to early childhood development or Certificate/Diploma in Infant Development from the University of British Columbia is preferred.
- Early Childhood Educator (ECE) or relevant education and experience is an asset
- Minimum two years professional experience in the field of training is preferred.
- Valid First Aid certificate and CPR training or willing to obtain
- Must possess a solid understanding of infant growth and development and practical experience in working with infants and their families, and other professionals.
- Skills in administering assessments and report writing are necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written.
- Must undergo criminal record check with satisfactory results, possess and maintain a valid BC driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle suitable for travel.
TERM OF POSITION: This is a temporary position covering a LOA of unspecified time.
CLOSING DATE: Until position is filled
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: Jessica Dunn, Operations Manager
690 Second Avenue North
Williams Lake, BC V2G 4C4
Fax: (250) 392-4432