Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinician with a Master's Degree to join the Adult Mental Health team at Richmond Mental Health Services. Click here to apply today to join our team!
As a Mental Health and Addiction Clinician, you will:
- Provide treatment and case management services that are both inclusionary and flexible for individuals with mental illness and concurrent disorders (i.e. addictions) to meet the needs of the client and to provide integration and continuity across the care continuum.
- Establish and maintain relationships with and consult with clients, their families and colleagues to provide appropriate treatment services based on best practices and client need.
- Perform key duties such as, intake, mental health assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, and individual counseling and group therapy to facilitate and coordinate client access to services.
- Support multi/interdisciplinary team to provide quality client care by providing information based on specialized theory/practice and/or participating in direct client and family as appropriate.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL PROGRAM:
Assessment and treatment for elementary school-aged children attending a Richmond School District #38 program whose success in school is limited by social, emotional, behavioural and/or mental health difficulties. Clinical services (psychiatry, occupational therapy and counselling) are delivered in partnership with school district staff and families, to assist children in learning to develop skills to allow them to be successful in school. Clients age 5-12.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education or Behavioural Sciences and three (3) years’ recent related experience working with the designated client population, providing treatment services to individuals with mental health issues or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.