Summary of Duties:
- Collaborate with family and key people in a child’s life to assess the need for intervention and to establish a service plan based on those needs;
- Support parents to provide parent-implemented interventions (formal and informal) using varied and fluid service delivery to families (group therapy, individual sessions, parent training programs, parent workshops);
- Evaluate client’s skills and progress on a regular basis using clinical judgement and reasoning as well as standardized assessments as appropriate;
- Maintain client and agency documentation as required;
- Participate in agency and interagency meetings and training as required;
- Liaise with other community service providers and professionals to coordinate service for families.
- A degree in Occupational Therapy with pediatric experience preferred;
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia required;
- Use of personal vehicle.
Start date: Immediately
Location: Tri-Cities and New Westminster
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
SHARE is an accredited non-profit, independent, community-based organization providing leadership and programs in response to the social needs of the residents of the Tri-Cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra), New Westminster and adjacent communities. SHARE Family & Community Services exists to Connect, Engage, and Strengthen Individuals and Families.
To learn more about SHARE Family & Community Services: