We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, and extensive extended health plan, plus up generous vacation after your first year of employment. Relocation Allowance package may be offered with position.
What Will You Work On?
This is a pediatric occupational therapy position for in-school children. In this position the Occupational Therapist will provide assessment, recommendations, and monitoring of the individual child’s OT therapeutic program for in school in accordance with Interior Health, Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD), and local School District #5’s goals and directions.
How Will You Create Impact?
The Occupational Therapist acts as an expert clinical resource to staff, students, and caregivers as it relates to the TREKK program; and performs clinical duties/procedures within the TREKK program. The OT works with the goal of providing every child with the highest standard of care.
How Will We Help You Grow?
During your Occupational Therapist career you will develop skills for utilizing an evidence-based and diverse intervention approach to identify and address occupational performance issues important to the client. You will grow to become an expert in determining resources and duration of service to meet identified client goals. We will provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues and the Occupational Therapy Professional Practice Leader is available. There are Library resources available to the clinician to support patient care, clinical education, and research. There is an annual educational allowance; and educational opportunities, such as iLearns, in-house services, project assignments, etc. are available.
Who Are We Looking For?
An Occupational Therapist with a desire to work with a school-based population. If you value being in a moderate sized East Kootenay community with ample recreational opportunities then this position will be a fit for you! Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Three (3) years’ recent, related experience which includes experience with pediatric clients, educational based therapy, and delivery of contracted services; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience would be preferred.
- Current valid BC driver’s license.
• Three (3) years’ recent, related experience which includes experience with pediatric clients, educational based therapy, and delivery of contracted services; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current valid BC driver’s license.