SHARE is a non-profit, independent, community based organization providing leadership and programs in response to the social needs of the residents of the Tri-Cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra), New Westminster and adjacent communities.
This is an HSA-CSSEA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership. Salary and benefits are comparable to industry standards.
Summary of Duties:
- Collaborate with family and key people in a child’s life to assess the need for intervention and to establish a service plan based on those needs;
- Support parents to provide parent-implemented interventions (formal and informal) using varied and fluid service delivery to families (group therapy, individual sessions, parent training programs, parent workshops);
- Evaluate client’s skills and progress on a regular basis using clinical judgement and reasoning as well as standardized tests as appropriate;
- Maintain client and agency documentation as required;
- Participate in agency and interagency meetings and training as required;
- Maintain knowledge and skills directly relevant to service provision through continuing education;
- Liaise with other community service providers and professionals to coordinate services for families.
- Degree in Speech Language Pathology;
- Current membership with the College of Speech & Hearing Health Professionals of BC;
- 3-5 years pediatric experience preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Use of personal automobile;
- Hanen Certification, particularly More Than Words® and TalkAbility™, and experience working within interdisciplinary service delivery in a family-centered model are highly desirable.
To apply please submit covering letter and resume to Zahra Lalani, Supervisor of Therapy Programs