The Langley School District is situated on the traditional unceded territories of the Matsqui, Kwantlen, Katzie, and Semiahmoo First Nations. We are an innovative, inspiring, and unified learning community committed to the Core Values: Integrity, Courage, Excellence, and Community. Our district mission to inspire all learners to reach their full potential and to create a positive legacy for the future is demonstrated both in and out the classroom. We offer a broad range of innovative programs and services to support the learning of our students and staff in 30 elementary, 5 middle, and 9 Secondary schools which are home to over 22,000 students.POSITION: Speech & Language Pathologist (Associated Professional) WORKING CONDITIONS: 1.0 FTE Term Position effective immediately, with a June 30th, 2021 end date. POSTING DEADLINE: Until filled
We are looking for individuals that share our values of Integrity, Excellence, Courage and Community. If you share our passion for creating an inspiring Learning Community, we are accepting applications for Speech & Language Pathologist. The Speech & Language Pathologist reports to the District Principal and is a member of a multi-disciplinary district team that supports district direction in all grade levels. After the start date, an SLP hired to this term position has the contractual right to apply to other future positions.
- A Masters degree or equivalent training in Speech & Language Pathology
- Eligibility for membership in the B.C. Association of Speech & Language Pathologist and Audiologists or the Canadian Association of Speech/Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- Experience which includes the following would be desirable:
- Diagnostic experience in the full range of communication disorders, including language disorders, articulation, disorders of fluency and voice, and the hearing impaired
- Background of clinical experience, and the ability to plan and initiate appropriate therapeutic strategies for individual children and small groups of children
- Experience in acting in a consultative capacity with associate professional staff
- Or equivalent training, or experience
Qualified individuals must submit an application, along with a complete resume (including references) and proof of above qualifications to: https://bit.ly/3rLyNC2
Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal record check.
We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.