Coquitlam School District invites applications from qualified candidates as a temporary part-time Speech Language Pathologist.
As the third largest school district in the province, we are located within a 40-minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The school district has a population of 32,000 students with approximately 4,300 teaching, administrative, managerial and support staff.
- A master’s degree in Speech/Language Pathology
- Must be registered with College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of British Columbia (CSHHPBC)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate and work collaboratively with other professionals including school-based teams and Student Services staff
- Support students with both high and low incidence exceptionalities, ESL and Aboriginal learners, and students with behaviour disorders
- Provide in-depth education assessment services
- Provide information and consultation to school personnel regarding educational placement and programming
- Assist with designing and evaluating individual education plans
- Assist with the District Tiered Intervention framework
To apply, please click on the following link and create a user account/profile:
Once you have completed your profile, you will have access to the job posting for Speech Language Pathologist.
Please note that only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Posting closes December 15, 2022 at 4:00pm.
All applicants are advised that they must sign a release to permit a criminal review prior to confirmation of hiring. We appreciate
your interest but regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“The deliberations of employees, and Committees used to screen and consider job applications, shall be kept in strict confidence, and shall not be disclosed to any person except as required by law. Personal references, recommendations and evaluations collected or generated by Board employees and Committee members as part of the Board’s hiring processes (other than references whose authorship and content is already known to the job applicant) shall be treated as having been supplied in confidence to the Board for the purposes of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.