Living and working in Nanaimo, British Columbia is the dream of an increasing number of professionals. The Nanaimo Child Development Centre is situated in central Nanaimo. Our many beaches, hiking and biking trails, diving, surfing, and skiing destinations, magnificent mountain views, diverse culture, access to leading post-secondary institutions, one of the best climates in the country, and an affordable West-Coast Lifestyle are just a few of the reasons why Nanaimo is one of the most desirable places to settle in Canada.
Removing long commutes and the addition of the abundance of nature that surrounds us in Nanaimo add to the “Quality of Life” not many other communities can offer.
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for all aspects of caseload management by utilizing clinically accepted procedures to assess, plan and carry out Speech Language programs either directly or through training caregivers and the community to reach each client's maximum potential. This position reports to the Speech Language Department Leader.
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology or equivalent.
- 2 years experience and/or commitment to working in a family-centered, collaborative service model.
- Knowledge/training in feeding, augmentative and alternative forms of communication: i.e. sign language, picture and/or symbol communication, and technological aids.
- Knowledge of group processes and facilitation techniques is an asset.
- Previous experience or interest in working with a pediatric caseload.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license and available vehicle/transportation with adequate insurance.
- Criminal record check clearance.
- Dual vaccination for Covid-19
- Physically capable of performing all aspects of the job.
- Computer literacy