Come work as a Speech Language Pathologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist to join the Speech Language Pathology team at the Squamish Health Unit in Squamish, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Speech Language Pathologist with VCH you will:
- Provide speech and language services for preschool-aged clients in the community.
- Be responsible for the delivery of intake, consultation, assessment, therapy and education services using standard and advanced procedures.
- Administrate and manage the local Speech-Language Pathology Program
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Professionals of British Columbia plus a minimum of two years related experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and organize workload.
- Ability to organize and conduct workshops and seminars on speech-language development/communication disorders.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a personal vehicle.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.