N.O.N.A. CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
JOB TITLE: Physiotherapist
JOB SUMMARY: To work as part of an interdisciplinary team for children with support needs, their families and caregivers. Identifying and developing activities and routines to enhance the child’s development and functional skills.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Therapy Program Supervisor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized university
- Eligible for membership in the British Columbia Association of Physiotherapists
- Pediatric experience preferred, even as part of University placements
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Assesses strengths and needs of children referred to program through formal and/or informal evaluation
- Interpret results to parents and other team members so that they can understand
- Develop and implement an individualized program plan for each child in conjunction with parents and other professionals
- Consult to other team members and community partners regarding the child and their program
- Re-evaluate the child’s progress at regular intervals and update the child’s program as necessary
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team in treatment approach
- Other related duties as assigned by the Therapy Program Supervisor.
START DATE: Immediate--As Available
HOURS: Temporary 0.6 FTE, three days a week, 7.5 hours a day.
GRID LEVEL: HSPBA Collective Agreement, Grade I Physiotherapist.
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED PERSONNEL, please contact
Jennifer Furey, Therapy Program Supervisor at 250-549-1281 Ex. 223 or email@example.com