The Children’s Therapy and Family Resource Centre has a permanent, full time Physiotherapist position (37.5 hours per week) available. The successful applicant will work with children with special needs, aged birth to nineteen, and their families. Services are provided in a family centered, community outreach model. Paediatric experience is preferred but not essential. The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Physiotherapy or Rehab medicine or equivalent
- The applicant must be eligible for registration with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and be licensed to practice in British Columbia
- A valid BC Driver’s license and vehicle are required
- Clearance of a Criminal record check required upon hiring
- Excellent communication, organization, and teamwork skills
- A willingness to work flexible hours
Since 1990, the Children’s Therapy and Family Resource Centre has been serving children birth to 19 years with special needs and their families, in the Kamloops area. The Children’s Therapy and Family Resource Centre believes that it is the right of every child to develop their skills and abilities to their full potential and our staff work hard to help each child within our Centre achieve this goal.
Why choose a career with us?
- You will have the opportunity to become part of a vibrant team and work alongside highly skilled professionals
- We know personal growth is very important, therefore attendance at seminars, workshops and conferences is encouraged and supported by our education fund available to staff
- The Centre offers a mentoring program for new employees
- We offer a positive, supportive work environment and boast an open communication system between all staff members
- Excellent salary and full benefits as per the Health Science Professionals Collective Agreement. Salary range is $35.98 to $44.79 per hour
- Annual vacation entitlement starting at four weeks per year
Kamloops is located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia in a scenic valley. We are a university city and the transportation hub of Interior BC, with a growing population. The Kamloops region has hot and dry summers and snow at the higher elevations in the winter, allowing four seasons of unlimited outdoor recreation activities. Kamloops has a relaxed lifestyle and has a symphony orchestra, live theatre, art gallery and WHL Blazers hockey team.
Please submit applications to the attention of:
Mari-Anne Meulenkamp – Charge Physiotherapist
Children’s Therapy and Family Resource Centre
801 McGill Rd, Kamloops, BC V2C 6R1
Tel: (250) 371-4100 Fax: (250) 371-4120